Large differences between D-A-CH and the U.S.
In America, employment is understood to include all matters relating to private working relationships, such as:
- Drafting standard U.S. employment contracts
- Title of the employees
- Staffing structure
- Advice on termination of employment
- Tax and social security matters
- Compensation & benefits
- Implementation of German-language company guidelines
- 401(k) and medical plans
- Employment handbooks & policies
- Handling freelancers
- Drafting non-compete and non-solicitation agreements
- Advice on the subject of anti-discrimination legislation
- Litigation and advice in the event of disputes under employment law
Here too the goal is to prevent lawsuits, and to ensure a well-ordered staffing structure which complies with American regulations. The firm employs two specialist lawyers in this field.